Easy Cheesy Beer Bread

I made this bread for a soup supper for my teachers at school. It's great for dipping into soups, but it definitely has a strong beer taste.


Ingredients
2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 c. shredded sharp cheddar
12 oz. bottle of lager or stout
2 Tbsp butter, melted

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare loaf pan for baking. In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Whisk to combine well. Add cheese and whisk to combine. Slowly add beer to dry ingredients and stir lightly until combined. Knead dough lightly until it just comes together. Place into prepared loaf pan and pour melted butter over top. Place in oven to bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.

Recipe Source - http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2008/09/easy-cheesy-beer-bread_16.html

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful looking bread. And I'm sure it's great with a hot soup.

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

The recipe for this bread sounds so delicious. My family are bread lovers and this recipe would go over really well.

Kelly N said...

I have been looking for a good beer bread recipe. A local restaurant back home used to make the best beer bread, and I have never been able to replicate it. Did you enjoy this one?

Cynthia Matzat said...

Kelly, if you like beer bread, then you will enjoy this one. The cheese is a nice extra.

MrsFish said...

I made this tonight and my husband and I loved it! It went great with our Cream Cheese Potato Soup!