Chili Cheese Turnovers

I halved the amounts in this recipe since I didn't need to feed 8 people. I used one can of Pillsbury Crescent Creations dough instead of the pizza crust dough. I also used my own homemade chili from the freezer instead of the canned chili and can of beans. I left out the tomatoes and green chiles to make it "Corey friendly".


Ingredients
2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust (I used Pillsbury Crescent Creations dough)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans (I use my homemade chili from the freezer instead of the can of chili and the can of beans)
1 can (15 ounces) ranch-style beans or chili beans, drained
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (I use fat free sour cream)




Directions



On a lightly floured surface, press pizza dough into two 12-inch squares. Cut each into four 6-inch squares. In a bowl, combine the cheese, chili and beans. Spoon 1/2 cup in the center of each square. Fold dough diagonally over filling; press edges to seal.



Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 425° for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes and sour cream. Serve with turnovers.


Yield: 8 servings.




Modified from a Taste of Home recipe

0 comments: