Menu Plan Monday


This week was kind of a pain - literally. I ended up throwing out my back and had to stay home from school for two days. I don't have time to waste laying around waiting for my stupid back to heal. Luckily, I am back up and moving around. I just can't bend very well. This weekend was a much better story. Corey went to the MCTM regional math contest, placed first, and now gets to go to state in two weeks. He also passed his board of review Monday night and is officially an Eagle Scout! I am a very proud mom. :)
On to the food stuff. I made a strawberry cake that has an interesting story to go with it. Be sure to read the recipe post for the details. ;) I also made some brownies that were pretty close to tasting like boxed brownies, which are my favorite. Homemade ones usually turn out too cakey and don't have the nice crackly top that boxed ones have. These are worth making. I'm trying quite a few new recipes this week, so be sure to check back occasionally for the pictures. Here's this week's menu. For other menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.
Sunday - Cheesy Hash Brown Chili (new), Salad
Monday - Chicken Mozzarella (new), Garlic Muffins, Salad
Tuesday - Crockpot Salsa Chicken (new), Rice, Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday - Eat at Teacher Appreciation Banquet
Thursday - Grilled Stuffed Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Fruit
Friday - Soda Can Roasted Chicken (new), Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary (new), Asparagus
Saturday - Eat out – (we will be waiting in line to get in to the Hawk Nelson and Jeremy Camp concert!)

6 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Looks like a whole week full of winners!

:)

na said...

So fun...I love Jeremy Camp's music! I will have to try your chicken recipes...I always have a hard time trying to decide how to make my chicken.

Rachel @ springpad said...

Looks great - especially that crockpot salsa chicken...I wish I had a crockpot to try it in! You should check out springpad's weekly meal planner - it's a great way to organize your menus and recipes, I think you'd really like it!

Cynthia Matzat said...

I have lots of chicken recipes to choose from, so hopefully it will help you out. :)

Rachel, I'll have to take a look at that meal planner.

Michelle said...

this week looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Yummy menu. I checked out all recipes with links and they sure sound good!