Cereal Cookies

You can make these with either frosted flakes or rice crispies. When I make them with frosted flakes, I don't do the chocolate layer on top.


(Sorry for the bad photo - my camera is broken and I had to take this with my hubby's iPhone)

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4-6 cups cereal (rice crispies or corn flakes)
½ bag butterscotch chips
½ bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1.In small sauce pan, heat sugar and corn syrup until mixture comes to a boil.
2.Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of peanut butter until melted.
3.In large mixing bowl, combine heated mixture and 4-6 cups rice crispies or corn flakes.
4.Press into 9x13 pan (spray with no-stick spray)
5.Melt ½ bag of butterscotch chips and ½ bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour over bars.

1 comments:

Bulldog Librarian said...

I made something similar for Christmas this year - except instead of using Rice Krispies, we used Corn Chips and it didn't call for any butterscotch or chocolate chips. They were called "Kooky Cookies" and were a great sweet-salty snack!.