Menu Plan Monday - It's Grilling Week!


We had a fabulous weekend camping at Big Spring in Van Buren, MO. It is my favorite camping spot in the whole state. The weather was perfect - highs of 80 and lows in the mid 50s. I couldn't have asked for better. We got to hike, float, and eat lots of great camping food. Life is good when you camp. :) Even though school is officially out, I actually start my round of summer eMINTS training this week and Corey starts cross country practice, so we will still be very busy with school stuff. Because the weather is going to be nice and warm, and I'm going to be a tad busy, I needed easy dinners this week. So, this week is going to be grilling week. We grill a lot in the summer anyway, but this week it's going to be an everyday occurance. I needed to use the meat I have in my freezer as I didn't have time to make a big grocery store run. The good thing is that grilling is fast, easy, tastes great, and is pretty healthy. Here's this week's menu. Lots of the recipes are new, so pictures will be posted after I make them. For more menu ideas, see orgjunkie.com. Enjoy!

Sunday - Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Oven Roasted Asparagus, Basil Green Beans
Monday - Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Salad, Pineapple, Green Beans
Tuesday - Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken, Broccoli, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Filets, Cheddar Potato Strips, Snow Peas, Salad
Thursday - Chili Ranch Grilled Pork, Marinated and Roasted Vidalia Onion Rings with Parmesan, Baked Beans, Salad
Friday - Eric & Cindy date night
Saturday - Grilled Hamburgers, French Fries, Salad, Strawberries

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

WHat a great looking grilling week! :D The chili ranch grilled pork sounds especially yummy along with the cheddar potato strips!

Have a great Monday!
Sherry

Shannon said...

I love the ease of the cheddar potato strips!

Debbi said...

I made those vidalia roasted onions last week and they were hard to roast in the oven. Mine weren't getting roasted really and they took a lot longer than the recipe said. She used her toaster oven which is why hers seemed "toasty". Mine seemed like I would have achieved similar results if I had just put them on the stovetop. That being said, I did like them but the family wasn't too into just eating onions as a side dish. I'll just make them for myself again. :-)