Menu Plan Monday



I have some new readers to my blog after sharing my computer mom geekiness (is that a word?) with a local MOPS group, so I thought I should explain the method to my madness. :-)

You might wonder why I start my menu posts each week with highlights from my family's life. I do it for a couple of reasons. First, my mom and my mother-in-law read this blog and it's a quick way to let them know what we've been up to during the week. ;-) But, I also do it to show that we are normal people with busy lives just like everyone else. I often have people ask me if I ever sleep or how I have time to do things like meal plan. I do realize I am obsessive things (not everyone gets a kick out of photographing their dinner every night ), but I hope that by recapping my week for you, it shows you that planning meals can actually save you time. I base my meals on the activities we have each week. I'll post an example of my planning form later in the week to give you an example. So, on with my normal recap.

Well, it was another great week for the Matzat family. We celebrated Eric's birthday on Wednesday, which meant we got eat the best cake in the world! Eric's parents came to visit this weekend to celebrate Corey's confirmation at church. It was nice to have some family here to celebrate his special day. Our friends the Hunsakers also came to church today to help us celebrate.



This week is a busy one for us. I have eMINTS training on Monday and Tuesday, Corey has a band concert, boy scouts, NJHS induction ceremony, and a school dance, so our evenings are quite busy. Therefore, the meal plan focuses on fast and easy meals, things that can be made ahead, and crockpot items. We do have to eat out on Monday. I do have a couple of fun, new recipes for Cinco de Mayo, so check them out. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Brunch at the Keeter Center to celebrate Corey's Confirmation
Monday - Eat out (band concert & eMINTS training)
Tuesday - Chicken Fajitas, Touchdown Taco Dip, Margarita Cupcakes
Wednesday - Crockpot Cowboy Stew, Savory Mexican Cornbread
Thursday - Spaghetti with meat sauce, Salad, Cheese Garlic Bread
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Hamburgers on the grill, Baked Beans, Salad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made that same cake but with chocolate cake mix. I'll have to try it your way. It is sure yummmy!

Hoosier Homemade said...

Great plan! I love that Touchdown Dip.
~Liz

Jenny said...

The margarita cupcakes sound great!!!