Menu Plan Monday


Let the sun shine! After three weeks of rain, we finally had a beautiful, sunny day today! The boys finally got to do their birthday rock climbing trip and had a great time. I went hiking with my parents, and then we went to watch the boys climb for a while. After having a rather busy, stressful week, today was just what I needed.

We are approaching the end of school (only 7 1/2 days left), so the schedule is still a little hectic. I have a computer workshop on Monday, Eric has some travel, Corey has quite a few evening meetings, and we are hosting two American Idol finals parties at our house. Here is our menu for the week. Enjoy! For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com.


Sunday - Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (just wanted something simple after hiking and climbing)
Monday - Chicken Alfredo (made ahead), broccoli, peaches
Tuesday - American Idol Party - I'm providing the main dish - Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Wednesday - American Idol Party - main dish again - Grilled Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Hot Dogs
Thursday - Out to eat - too many evening obligations
Friday - Taco Bake, Salad, Corn
Saturday - Ultimate BBQ Chicken, Green Beans Almondine, Salad, Strawberries (we were supposed to eat this last week but ended up grilling burgers instead)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that "American Idol" has provided families with something they all love.
Have a great time at the parties.
Great menu planned!
I'm having a blog birthday drawing ~ prize is a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at etsy.com.

Niki Jolene said...

I have been searching and searching for a good BBQ chicken recipe. NO matter what I seem to do to mine, it always comes out pretty mediocre.

I just love Tyler---my very best lasagna recipe comes from his Food 911 show. Everyone raves about it.

Thanks for sharing!

:)

Mom said...

the hot dogs sounds wonderful...minus the kraut, lol
The hubs & DD would love the bacon wrapped w/cheese in the middle part though.
Thanks for sharing & glad you got some sunshine.

The Whites said...

Just found your blog and I love it!!! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful recipes!

Kat said...

Your taco bake sounds so delicious! I’ll be trying this soon! Stop by and visit my site for a yummy chimichanga recipe!