Menu Plan Monday


What a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I actually was able to turn this into a 5-day weekend for myself. I have never taken my personal days at school, and because my summer is going to be very minimal this year due to computer trainings and my library extended contract (I will end up with about a week and a half off), I decided to use them this year. I took off Thursday and Friday last week, which was nice because I got to go to Corey's honors assembly at the high school. He got the geometry award - as an 8th grader! Pretty cool stuff! We also refinanced our house and had our closing (way to go budget-conscious hubby!), so this was a great time for me to take those extra days off. I did get a little time for me on Friday and went to the mall all by myself to look for girl clothes and I went to the fabric store. :)

We were very productive this weekend. We got all of our errands done on Friday evening, we replanted the garden (I think we are jinxed on actually growing stuff), and we had a marathon cooking day (made 8 dozen cookies, 4 lasagnas, lots of muffins, and two cakes). It feels great to have some stuff in the freezer. The best part is we still have one more day off tomorrow! I love long weekends.

This week is our last week of school. We get out early on Thursday, and then we are going camping. I can't wait! You'll see lots of new recipes posted this week due to my cooking marathon. Be sure to check out the raspberry buttermilk cake and the 7-up bundt cake. I posted the recipe for the cereal cookies I made last week for the American Idol party, and you'll see a new muffin recipe that I used to make some muffins for the teachers at school this week. Here's this week's menu. Enjoy! For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Chicken Parmesan Burgers, Salad, Fresh Pineapple
Monday - Lasgana, Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Croque Monsieur (sandwiches), Good for You Tomato Soup, Salad
Thursday - Camping - Chili Dogs
Friday - Camping - Pork Tenderloin
Saturday - Camping - Frito Pie

1 comments:

jo@blog-diggidy said...

oooohhh, aaahhhh lol, that looks like a great menu to me!! yumm!! ;)