Zucchini Spinach Soup

I'm still trying to use up the zucchini from my garden, so I thought I'd make another soup to put in the freezer for the school year. This is a great low-fat one. My husband jokes that this one should be called "cholorphyll soup" because of the bright green color. :) You do have to like spinach to enjoy this soup. I probably prefer my zucchini bisque recipe to this one, but they are very different.



Ingredients:
1 cup chopped onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 zucchini, shredded (with peel on)
2 golden Yukon potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
2 cloves minced garlic
1 quart low sodium chicken stock
1 (10 oz) box chopped spinach, thawed and drained
salt
pepper

Directions:
In a soup pot, heat oil and add onions. Cook until tender.
Add garlic, zucchini and potatoes. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes.
Add stock. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, around 30 minutes. Add spinach, cook another 15 minutes. Season to taste.
Puree with immersion blender.

Recipe adapted from one by Comfy Kitchen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you liked this. I do too. It is so creamy and delicious. I love soups like this.

Anonymous said...

This is one great soup, easy to make and yummy to eat.