Zucchini Casserole

This recipe was shared with me by one of my readers, Carol Ann, when I posted a request for zucchini recipes. I currently have 25 of those buggers sitting on my counter, so I thought I'd better try out some new recipes. This ended up being pretty good.



Ingredients
4 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 T butter or margarine
1 small to medium onion, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup (8 ounces) of fat free sour cream
1 box of stuffing mix (I used Stove Top chicken reduced sodium)


Boil zucchini just until tender, drain. In a large skillet, melt 1T butter. Add carrots and onion and sauté until tender.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and soup (right out of the can). Stir in the drained zucchini and half of the croutons and mix until croutons are coated. Pour into greased 3 quart baking dish.

Top evenly with remaining croutons, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.

0 comments: