Menu Plan Monday - Extreme Schedule Edition



I know it's still technically summer vacation, but tomorrow is the start of a very hectic week for our family. My son is now in high school marching band, and any of you who have ever been in band or have had a kid in band know that August means band camp week. That means my son will have band practice from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. every night this week. On top of that, I will teaching eMINTS classes every day. We won't be able to come home for dinner because we live in a different town than Corey attends school. Oh, but there's more! My husband's band is playing at the fair this week, so he has rehearsals. And, to top it off, Corey's Eagle Court of Honor will be at our house on Saturday. Eek! I'm having one of those "I have way too much on my plate" feelings this week. So, unfortunately, we will probably be eating out more than I would like this week. I can't even rely on my usual desperation dinner plans. I promise you will get better ideas from me next week, but I'll share this week anyway. :) I like people to know that I have bad weeks, too. Just to help you out, here's the menu from the equivalent week last year. The Won Ton Tacos and Lasagna Ciabattas are great. Here's this week's poor excuse for a menu. For more ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Creamy Chicken Breasts, Green Beans, Cheddar Potato Strips
Monday - Leftovers from yesterday (will bring to my library and heat up in microwave during Corey's dinner break)
Tuesday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches (again, in the library)
Wednesday - Chili Spaghetti (leftover chili over spaghetti noodles with shredded cheddar on top) (yes, in the library again)
Thursday - out to eat (hubby playing at the fair)
Friday - out to eat (I will be out of town at a library meeting)
Saturday - BBQ Pork Sandwiches for 50 people (eek!) - Eagle Court of Honor

And just a quick family side note for those who might be interested...

Eric got to jump our almost 8-year-old black lab, Nimbus, in a Dock Dogs competition this weekend. She qualified for finals, which were held today, and she won first place in her division! It was pretty awesome as we haven't taken her to a competition in two years, and she was the oldest dog in the contest. Way to go, Nimbus!




8 comments:

debhmom3 said...

All that love keeps Nimbus young. :) That and the once a year Thanksgiving feast, I'm sure. :) Let me know what I can do for Saturday. I mean it!

Lisa said...

I haven't had chili spaghetti in a long time. I'll have to make it soon. By the way, good job Nimbus!

Stacey said...

Wow- you do have a super busy week!! Wanted to let you know we made your super easy tuna noodle casserole for lunch over the weekend and we all liked it. Thanks!

Yarni Gras! said...

that is so neat! I always wanted to train our lab for that competition but didn't have the facility. She would love it, I'm sure!

dawn said...

Cynthia,

Thanks so much for all the info on this blog. I don't comment often, but I check it almost every week. I am using your menu printout and I will be using your freezer ideas. One question-when I make quick breads, I usually make one or two loaves at a time and they are eaten within a day. My boys love it. Do you have recipes that make more loaves so I can have some to eat and some to freeze? Would I just double my recipes?

Thanks again!

Dawn Funderburk

Debbie said...

Awesome pictures of the dog. Good job Nimbus!

Anonymous said...

congrats to the Eagle Scout! That is a huge accomplishment. My friend who does the hiring for his company always put the resumes of Eagle Scouts on the top of the pile.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Hey Dawn! So good to hear from you. I hope your family is doing well. Be sure to tell Zac hello from me.

As far as freezing quick breads, I just make multiple batches at a time. The first loaf always goes directly into my son. :) The others I freeze for later. I just pick certain days to be baking days, and make a bunch of stuff at once. Hope that helps!