Banana Bread

I had four very ripe bananas sitting on my counter that needed to be used, so I found a very simple banana bread recipe.



Ingredients

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Directions

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Recipe Source - Simply Recipes

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your website and found the same banana bread recipe I made this weekend! It is very good. Then I saw your story about your lab at the Dock Dog competition. We just took our black lab to one. Unfortunately, she wouldn't jump off the dock!