Menu Plan Monday


After a very busy week of school and shuttling the boy to band and cross country, we got to have a fabulous weekend. We have been having abnormally cool weather for the end of August, which we had to take advantage of and spend time outdoors. Saturday evening we grilled out at Fellows Lake in Springfield and put the canoe on the water. Today, my parents joined us for a trip to down to Arkansas to go hiking at Hideout Hollow. We drove down to Jasper first and ate lunch at the Ozark Cafe, which celebrates its 100th birthday in September. Then we took the scariest drive of my life on a "shortcut" from Jasper to Compton down the most frightening dirt road that NOBODY travels (straight up the mountain, switchbacks on the edge of cliffs, etc.). We did arrive in one piece, and got to hike at Hideout Hollow. I'm not sure that my parents will ever join us again after that car ride. We ended our wonderful weekend with an amazing dinner at home of grilled New York strip steaks. Yum! Here are some pictures of our weekend adventures so that you can see that I really do more than just menu plan. ;)





Here's this week's menu. I didn't get to the lemon thyme chicken last week, so I have it on tap for tomorrow. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a wonderful week!

Sunday - New York Strip Steaks, Baked potatoes, Basil Green Beans, Strawberries
Monday- Lemon Thyme Chicken, Rice, Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, Salad
Tuesday - Beef Enchiladas, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Applesauce
Thursday - Voodoo Pasta, Green Beans, Salad
Friday - Eat at ball game (Corey's first marching performance)
Saturday - Cheese Manicotti, Garlic Muffins, Salad

2 comments:

Zom G. said...

Isn't this weather unreal? I'm feelin' so autumnal!! Great week. That voodoo pasta will soon make an appearance at my house!

Unknown said...

That voodoo pasta sounds really tempting. I hope to see you at Crock Pot Wednesday on diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com.