Menu Plan Monday - Fast and Easy Edition


We survived the first week of school (even having to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get the boy to cross country practice), and I managed to stick to the menu! But, I think I may never want to eat zucchini again. Not really, but close. One should never have a zucchini themed menu. It's just too much of the green stuff. I did get photos posted of most of the new recipes. Our favorite of the side dishes was the scalloped zucchini on the grill. We also LOVED the zucchini spice cupcakes. The cream cheese frosting was spectacular. Our favorite meal of the week was the grilled bruschetta chicken. It was incredible! I highly recommend it.

This week's menu focuses on meals that are fast and easy. We have lots of evening meetings, so cooking needs to be simple. I will have one new chicken dish (recipe coming soon) on an evening that we don't have extra meetings. But, it is still an easy dish to make. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!

Sunday - Ultimate BBQ Chicken, Corn on the cob, strawberries
Monday - Sloppy Joes (made on Sunday so we can just heat up), Steak Fries, Brussels Sprouts, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken and Noodles (I just kind of make this, so I'll have to write a recipe as I go and post it for you later), Salad, Applesauce
Wednesday - Lemon Thyme Chicken (new recipe - coming soon), Rice, Broccoli with Cheese, Salad
Thursday - Turkey Ham (just slice and heat in the microwave), Mac & cheese (Stouffers), Green Beans, Peaches
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Grilled Hamburgers, Baked Beans, Salad, Strawberries

4 comments:

debhmom3 said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking to your menu! That's awesome!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

A friend recently gave me a recipe for Mock Apple Pie that is made with zucchini, if you're interested:)

Unknown said...

I love Stouffers Mac N Cheese!

Melisa said...

What, no zucchini this week, LOL? Just kidding! I'll be watching for that new chicken recipe. Sounds good.