Homemade Beefaroni

I had a lot of leftover pasta, so I used it to make this recipe instead of using noodles that look like beefaroni noodles. This really does taste very similar to the canned beefaroni. :)


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
2 14.5 oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. water
1 T. sugar
1 t. each garlic powder, salt and Italian seasoning
1/4 t. black pepper
1 lb. cooked pasta (Barilla piccolini ziti is closest in shape to traditional beefaroni noodles - I used Ronzoni Smart Taste elbows)

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef in a sauce pan and drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, except the pasta. Simmer for about 10 minutes, to let the flavors combine.
2. Stir in the pasta until coated.

Recipe Source - Cooking During Stolen Moments

6 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Your site is a lifesaver. Thanks for everything you put into it! I have a kid who could live on Beefaroni if I let him.

Liz

Columbus Foodie said...

Even closer yet (pasta wise) is Cremette's Quick Cook Macaroni Style pasta - traditional beefaroni shape (think Kraft mac and cheese shaped), cooks in only 3 1/2 minutes. You could probably cook them right in the sauce too, since they cook so quickly.

Rita T. said...

I think I'll try the beefaroni some time. Thanks!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks, Liz! I'm glad you find the site useful. The beefaroni turned out really well. I had a couple of misc. boxes of pasta that needed to be used up, so mine didn't look like the canned stuff, but it tasted great. :)

Unknown said...

It's still in the 80s in Vegas but it's definitely welcome after the very hot summer.
Looks like your family is going to have some terrific meals this week.
I love MPM especially since my husband and I lost our jobs. I'm looking for inexpensive and healthy meals for our family of three.
Well, gotta get back to the laundry and Dr. Laura.

Cindi Marie said...

What a nice, easy, recipe to prepare. It also sounds good too!