Menu Plan Monday


Saturday morning my dogs started barking in the yard. I just assumed they were barking at the coyotes like usual, but when I looked out the back, here's what I saw!



How cool is that? A balloon in our backyard! It was looking for a place to land, and ended up landing in our neighbor's yard. You just never know what you're going to see out our back window. :) I love living in a rural area.

Later that day we went to Corey's marching band contest. We only have two more weeks to go until marching season is pretty much over (other than a couple of parades). His last cross country meet is also this week. So, hopefully more sleep will soon be in our future. Here's a picture of him marching and playing his mellophone. Pretty handsome! ;)



Our meals were pretty good this week. The only new recipe was the homemade beefaroni, which was easy to make and tasted pretty good. It was a good way for me to use up some partial boxes of misc. noodles. We have lots of activities going on this week, so I'm relying on some easy staples. The weather has also gotten a bit cooler, so you will see stew and chili on the menu this week. :) For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy!

Sunday - Beef Stew
Monday - Bourbon Chicken, Rice, Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday - Chili & Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Salad
Wednesday - Crockpot Golden Mushroom Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Homemade Pizza, Salad
Saturday - Eat out (band competition)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great week. I think I'll have to try the crockpot pork chops.

Niki Jolene said...

Ooooh, beef stew sounds yummy right about now!

:)

Great menu plan ya got there. Stop by and see mine over at Free 2 Be Frugal!

Michele said...

My daughter played in the pit for 5 years. I miss marching band soooo much!