Ranch Quinoa

I had never had quinoa before tonight, but I kept it mentioned all over the place in food blogs and on running websites. So, I figured I would give it a try. Our family loved it! This was a nice side to use in place of rice. I actually cooked it in my rice cooker instead of on the stove, and it worked great.






Ingredients:
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 package Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix

Directions:
Place 1 cup quinoa, dressing mix and 2 cups water in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed (10-15 minutes). When done, the grain appears soft and translucent, and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the grain.

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

OOH! This sounds really good! i love quinoa and this sounds like an easy way to make it even better! Thanks!

Quinoa Nutrition Facts said...

Great to hear that your family loves eating quinoa. There are hundreds of great quinoa recipes online that you and your family will surely love. :) By the way, I think your recipe is a simple but a great way to add some twist on quinoa. I would love to try your recipe soon. Thank you for sharing!