What's for Dinner Menu Plan - Nutrition Info Now Included

Well, it's back to school for us the week. I've done a good job so far sticking to my healthier eating plan. Using SparkPeople to track my calories has been very helpful. You will notice that on my recipes that nutrition information is now included. I use the SparkRecipes site to calculate that info. Like I said last week, I'm still making the same family friendly meals that I always have, but I'm trying to be more conscious of my portion sizes, I'm not eating "seconds" and I'm not eating huge desserts or snacks.

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm going to post my breakfasts and lunches this week. I know my mom is also trying to watch what she is eating, so maybe she and other will find this additional info useful. I don't know if I will always post this, but if you find it helpful, let me know.

Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday - Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Chicken (153 calories), Green Beans, Salad, Peaches
Monday - Pizza Burgers (300 calories), Broccoli, Corn (boys only), Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce (140 calories), Asparagus, Garlic Muffins (147 calories), Salad
Wednesday - Grilled Chicken Parmesan (185 calories), Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce (170 calories), Salad, Green Beans
Thursday - Tuna Noodle Casserole (389 calories), Green Beans, Salad, Applesauce
Friday - Bacon Cheeseburger Pinwheels (291 calories), Baked Beans, Salad, Peaches
Saturday - Rosemary and Garlic Pork Loin (130 calories), Asparagus, Salad, Accordion Potatoes (140 calories)


Breakfasts:

Sunday - Lazy Morning Sausage Pie, Peaches - 267 calories total
Monday - 2 slices toast with spray butter, WW Berries N Cream Yogurt, Grapefruit -244 calories total
Tuesday - Bacon (2 sliced center cut) and Egg on Toast, Grapefruit - 260 calories total
Wednesday - Pumpkin Streusel Muffin, WW Berries N Cream Yogurt - 284 calories total
Thursday - Cottage Cheese, Peaches, 2 slices toast with spray butter - 185 calories total
Friday - McDonald's Wild Berry Smoothie, 2 slices toast with spray butter - 280 calories total

Lunches:


Sunday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Cottage Cheese, Reduced Fat Triscuits, Clementine - 424 calories total
Monday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Cottage Cheese, Reduced Fat Triscuits, Clementine - 424 calories total
Tuesday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Cottage Cheese, Reduced Fat Triscuits, Clementine - 424 calories total
Wednesday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Salad, Clementine, Celery with Fat Free Ranch Dip - 322 calories
Thursday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Salad, Clementine, Celery with Fat Free Ranch Dip - 322 calories
Friday - Creamy Black Bean Soup, Salad, Clementine, Celery with Fat Free Ranch Dip - 322 calories

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to comment on my Not to Do List post. Sparkpeople is awesome, I'm sure you'll do great.

You're menus are fantastic too--I like that you have the calorie content listed. I plan to start checking in regularly since one of my Not To Do's was filling myself full of junk(fast food) any more, I have got to start cooking and planning my meals a bit more.

Shawnee said...

Everything looks delish - thanks for sharing the calorie content.

Miz Helen said...

Your menus look very good. We would love your Rosemary Garlic Pork Loin. Thank you for sharing and you have a great week!

Slomack said...

I am absurdly excited about the fact that you are now posting nutritional information on your site--THANK YOU! Your meals always looks soooo delicious--flavorful, but not necessarily difficult--I've already bookmarked three new ones since the beginning of the year!