What's for Dinner Menu Plan

I have completed three weeks of my healthier eating journey and I am now down a total of 6 pounds. The nice thing is that besides the numbers on the scale, I can notice a difference in the way I look and feel. For me, the weight will continue to come off slowly, in tenths of pounds per week, but it's so nice to know that eating the correct portion sizes of my meals is really doing the trick. :)

Our family had a very nice weekend together. Corey had math contest on Saturday and did very well. He placed 1st in the target round, 2nd in the sprint round, and received the 2nd place team trophy as a team of one! He also qualified to go to state. I am definitely a proud mom. :)

I've got a couple of new items on the menu this week, so I will post pictures once I make them. Next Saturday Corey has a band performance, so we will have to eat out. I've already planned ahead to make sure I can stay within my calorie range for the day. I highly suggest this to those of you who are watching your weight and are stuck in a situation where you have to eat at a restaurant. Pick a place that posts the nutritional information online, and you can "preorder" ahead of time and make a wise choice. :)

Here's this week's menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday - Blue Cheese-Topped Steaks with Marsala Wine Sauce (215 cal), Green Beans, Salad, Peaches

Monday - Creamy Chicken Breasts (190 cal), Rice, Spinach, Salad

Tuesday - Meatloaf Muffins (231 cal), Brussels Sprouts with Butter Sauce, Salad, Applesauce

Wednesday - Grilled Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Breasts (130 cal), Broccoli, Cheddar Potato Strips (207 cal), Salad

Thursday - Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce (176 cal), Oven Baked Fries (157 cal), Salad, Applesauce

Friday - Won Ton Tacos (248 cal), Refried Beans, Peaches

Saturday - Eat out - Applebee's Asiago Peppercorn Steak Dinner with New Potatoes and Steamed Vegetables (390 cal for complete dinner)

Breakfasts

Sunday -Thomas' Light Multi Grain English Muffin, Egg, 1/2 grapefruit, (100+70+37 = 207 total)
Monday -English Muffin, Cottage Cheese, Peaches (100+35+18=215)
Tuesday -Bacon and Egg on Toast, 1/2 Grapefruit (47+70+70+37=224)
Wednesday -Enligh Muffin with Turkey Sausage Pattie, 1/2 Grapefruit (100+100+37= 237)
Thursday -English Muffin, Cottage Cheese, 1/2 grapefruit (100+80+37= 217)
Friday - Ham, Egg, and Cheese on Toast, 1/2 grapefruit (18+70+50+70+37=244)

Lunches










Sunday - Simple Tuna and Egg Salad Sandwich, Apple (5 oz), Cottage Cheese (138+70+70+80=358)
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers Flaky Biscuit, Dip with Celery, Clementine (155+100+10+35=300)
Tuesday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Taboule Wheat Salad, Spinach, Clementine (155+99+30+35=319)
Wednesday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Taboule Wheat Salad, Spinach, Clementine (155+99+30+35=319)
Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Taboule Wheat Salad, Spinach, Clementine (155+99+30+35=319)
Friday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Taboule Wheat Salad, Spinach, Clementine (155+99+30+35=319)

2 comments:

Annika said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MPM. Your menu looks yummy. Congratulations on your weight loss! We love oven fries at our house too :) Have a great week!

Laurie Anne said...

I love your blog (I found it on Menu plan Mondays) Can I just say I really appreciate the nutritional info that you include. So helpful when trying to create figure friendly meals. Thank you!!
:0)