What's for Dinner Menu Plan

It is definitely still winter in southwest Missouri, and Mother Nature definitely decided to prove that this past week. We got 5 inches of snow on Thursday, which is a lot for our area. The temperatures dropped down to single digits, and it didn't melt very quickly, so Corey and I ended up with two bonus days to our weekend. I know I will hate making them up in the spring, but it really is hard not to root for the snow day. I just think it's something we are programmed with when we are little and it sticks with us forever. :)

I used some of my bonus time to try out a couple of new recipes. I made some fabulous banana oat muffins that are low in fat but great on taste. Be sure to try them - they make a great breakfast paired with some Greek yogurt and fruit.

I also had a hankering (I told you I'm from southwest MO - that's hillbilly speak for craving) for something sweet, so I made a delicious cheesecake mousse. I topped mine with some blackberries, and it was simply divine. I did have to make sure I saved enough calories in my day to have this treat, but it was definitely worth the splurge.

My husband's parents came to visit this weekend so they could attend Corey's district band concert on Saturday, so I made one of my favorite soups for our weekend lunches - Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup. I love this soup not only because it's tasty, but also because it's low in calories at only 114 calories a cup.


Each week I make a different soup for my lunches. It makes it so much easier to have soups all packaged up and ready to put in my lunch box each day. This week's soup is Italian Sausage Lentil Soup. Don't let the picture fool you (it's hard to make lentils look pretty). It is nice and hearty and is a good source of fiber.



I have a couple of new items on the menu for this week, so I will post pictures as soon as I make them. Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday
Breakfast (287 cal)
Scrambled Egg with Asparagus, Mushroom, and Chives (70 cal), English Muffin (100 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch (259 cal)
Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup (114 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal)
Dinner (506 cal)
Crock Pot Cowboy Stew (323 cal), Salad (67 cal), Peaches (35 cal), Milk (80 cal)

Snack/Dessert (168 cal)
Cheesecake Mousse (168 cal)

Monday
Breakfast (227 cal)
English Muffin (100 cal), Blueberry Greek Yogurt (90 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal)
Lunch (293 cal)
Italian Sausage Lentil Soup (148 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal)
Dinner (487 cal)
Grilled Chicken Parmesan Sandwich (185 + 70 for bun), Green Beans (35 cal), Applesauce (50 cal), Salad (67 cal), Milk (80 cal)

Snack/Dessert (210 cal)
Brownie (made from Best Choice Low Fat mix - 130 cal)
Milk (80 cal)

Tuesday 
Breakfast (317 cal)
Banana Oat Muffin (147 cal), Blueberry Greek Yogurt (90 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch (353 cal)
Italian Sausage Lentil Soup (148 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal), Jello Dark Chocolate Pudding (60 cal)
Dinner (327 cal)
Drunken Jerk Chicken Breast (100 cal), Green Giant Cauliflower in Three Cheese Sauce (45 cal), Peaches (35 cal), Salad (67 cal), Milk (80 cal)

Snack/Dessert (210 cal)

Brownie (made from Best Choice Low Fat mix - 130 cal)
Milk (80 cal)

Wednesday
Breakfast (317 cal)
Turkey Sausage Patty on English Muffin (200 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch (353 cal)
Italian Sausage Lentil Soup (148 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal), Jello Dark Chocolate Pudding (60 cal)
Dinner (381 cal)
Pork Medallions with Cider Sauce (163 cal), Green Beans (35 cal), Peaches (35 cal), Salad (67 cal), Milk (80 cal)

Snack/Dessert (155 cal)
Jello Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding (75 cal), Milk (80 cal)

Thursday
Breakfast (324 cal)
Ham, Egg and Cheese on Toast (208 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch (353 cal)
Italian Sausage Lentil Soup (148 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal), Jello Dark Chocolate Pudding (60 cal)
Dinner (519 cal)
Baked Tilapia with Horseradish Sauce (216 cal), Quinoa with Spinach and Cheese (156 cal), Salad (67 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Snack/Dessert (42 cal)

Dove Dark Promises (42 cal)

 
Friday
Breakfast (307 cal)
English Muffin (100 cal), Blueberry Greek Yogurt (90 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch (293 cal)
Italian Sausage Lentil Soup (148 cal), Cottage Cheese (80 cal), Spinach (30 cal), Clementine (35 cal)
Dinner (522 cal)
Diner Burger with Fries and Gravy (340 cal), Green Beans (35 cal), Salad (67 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Snack/Dessert (75 cal)
Jello Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding (75 cal)

Saturday
Breakfast (317 cal)

Turkey Sausage Patty on English Muffin (200 cal), 1/2 Grapefruit (37 cal), Milk (80 cal)
Lunch 
Unknown - have to eat at library workshop

Dinner 
Unknown - eating out with family
Snack/Dessert

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

debhmom3 said...

Looks great! I was just wondering what to make with my overripe bananas....now I know! :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It's hard to make lentil soup look good but I love it! Thanks!