Ott's House Casserole

Ott's Pasta is a take-out pasta place in Springfield, MO that has been a favorite of mine since Eric and I were in college. Their signature dish is called House Casserole, and it is my favorite pasta dish. I decided to recreate it at home, and I think I did a pretty good job! The combination of the egg noodles and the sour cream sauce is very unique and very tasty. By using lower fat products, I was able to make this one without having to feel guilty when I eat it. :) I hope you enjoy my version of Ott's House Casserole.




Ingredients:
8 oz. Ronzoni Smart Taste Extra Wide Noodles
1 jar (26 oz) Ragu Light Tomato & Basil No Sugar Added Pasta Sauce
1 t garlic powder
1 t oregano
1 lb lean ground beef (93/7)
1 cup fat free sour cream
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese


Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.

While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet. Drain and return to skillet. Add sauce and spices to pan. Heat on low for 10 minutes.

Once pasta is cooked, drain the water. Put half of the pasta in a 2 quart baking dish.

Mix sour cream and cream cheese until well combined.

Spread sour cream mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles. Top with sauce.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Serving Size: makes 6 servings



10 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This sounds really good! Thanks!

amandak23k said...

Looks delicious!! I am saving to my favorites to try!! I check your blog every monday for your menu plan! I love your blog!!

amandak23k said...

I love your blog, I check it every Monday for your menu plans!! This looks really good, I am saving it to my favorites!!

Jamie said...

This does look good! I'm bookmarking to make later...

Cynthia Matzat said...

I hope you all enjoy it as much as my family did! :)

Anonymous said...

I am from Springfield, MO and we are stationed at Fort Bragg. We are craving Ott's tonight so I used your recipe!!! YAY for the internet!!! I have made it before but could not remember how as we have been gone from home way too long. Thanks so much. :)

Steph Zerbe said...

I tried this tonight. I loved it and my pasta loving husband approved. He can't wait to have leftovers for lunch... me too! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I typed What's for Dinner? in Google search not thinking I'd actually find something and found you.... I love that you share your weekly meal plan. I often wonder what others are doing for dinner each night.

mar' said...

Imagine my excitement when I was Googling Otto's phone number to place an order and there is the House Casserole recipe! Living only two blocks away they will still be a quick-meal go-to, but until then your recipe is on my meal plan for the week. You answered the question "cream cheese or a sour cream?"...of course, it's both!

Unknown said...

Ott's Pasta is my go-to for quick, inexpensive dinners... or, was. I made this tonight. It was a great replication, and SO easy! I will definitely make it again! Thank you!!!

VEGASGMA47 said...

Grew up in Springfield and Cherry St was a go to for Ott's Pasta and Imo's Pizza. Making this recipe now, but with whole ingredients. It was always my favorite and the little homemade bread sticks and salad. If you have that recipe, please share. Thank You