Menu Plan Monday



Believe it or not, I actually cooked all of the things on my menu last week! Woo hoo! I did shift a couple of days around, but it still counts. :) I made a new breakfast meal this week - zucchini frittata - which was inspired by the wonderful breakfasts we had at the Alpine House this summer on vacation in Wyoming. It turned out great, and I was pleased with how easy it was to make. I did have a nice surprise at the end of the week when my Boo Spooky Apron Swap package arrived in the mail. The apron my partner made for me was really cute. I hope she likes hers as well. This week we are extra busy helping Corey finish up preparations for his Eagle Scout project. He is hosting a 5 K run, with proceeds going to purchase new shoes for needy students in our school district. I also have eMINTS training and open house this week, so our meals will be simple, and unfortunately, we have to eat out more than I would like. Here's the menu for this week. Maybe it will help you out if you are having an extra busy week as well. :) For more menu ideas, check out orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - eat out (Corey's cross country team pasta feed)
Monday - eat at eMINTS training (boys eat out - cross country meet and scouts)
Tuesday - eat out (open house at school)
Wednesday - Diet Coke Sloppy Joes, Corn, Steak Fries, Peaches
Thursday - Honey Rosemary Chicken with Yukon Gold Potatoes, Green Beans, Applesauce
Friday - Meatza Pie, Garlic Muffins, Salad
Saturday - Grilled Chicken Alfredo (grill chicken breasts and use this sauce), Broccoli, Salad

7 comments:

Heather said...

The honey rosmary chix sounds yummy and I love teh aprons, they are very cute. Have a great week.

Jennifer said...

That Meatza pie sounds good. And the garlic muffins sound so good, I just went back and altered my menu to include them!

Have a delicious week!

Anonymous said...

That's a great menu. I always enjoy cooking more if I don't HAVE to do it every night.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! Especially the diet coke sloppy joes!

Nessa said...

Everything sounds wonderful!

HDMac said...

Great menu.

I think one of the important things about having a menu planned is that you CAN be flexible... if one day turns out busier than another, you can adjust the menu to the schedule and KNOW that you have all the ingredients on hand because you have grocery shopped accordingly! :)

Lynn said...

Your menu looks good.