French Leek Soup

This is a really tasty soup, and it freezes well. The picture doesn't do it justice (it's really hard to photograph soup!).


Ingredients
3 carrots, diced
4 potatoes, peeled, diced
3 c. chicken stock
1 bunch leeks, cleaned, white part chopped
½ c butter (I only used 1/4 cup)
3 c. milk
1 t salt
¼ t white pepper
1 T chopped parsley or chives

Directions
Cook carrots and potatoes in chicken stock until tender. Sauté leeks in butter until tender; add to vegetable mixture. Puree in blender or food processor (I use an immersion blender). Return to pan. Add milk and seasonings; heat gently until hot. Serves 6-8.

Recipe source – Bonnie Matzat

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Thank you for the great recipes! I bookmarked several to try.

Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have never cooked with leeks before, but this looks right up our alley! We love homemade soups!! I will definitely have to try this. Thanks!

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com