Menu Plan Monday - Birthday Week!

 

This week I turn 40! I'm not sure that it will be any different than any other birthday, but everyone seems to make a big deal out of turning 40, so I guess I will too. :) I'm celebrating by being lazy and not cooking much. Part of it is due to a very busy schedule this week which dictates relying on some simple dinners and frozen items. I'm not a big party kind of girl, so my hubby is taking me on a getaway on the weekend, which we never do. It will be a very nice treat and I'm very much looking forward to it. Hopefully we will have time to go for a run this weekend as well. I'm starting week 8 of Couch to 5K, and did my first outdoor run on hills in the snow this weekend! I was pretty proud of myself. Eric and the dogs ran with me, which was really fun. I have a very supportive hubby. The grandparents are going to hang with Corey. Eric's parents are coming to town as well this weekend, so I get to have a nice family dinner outing on Saturday, which will be fun. Anyway, here's my wimpy dinner menu for the week. You may be wondering, "If her menu is wimpy, why is she sharing it?" Well, I just want you to know that I am a real person that does get too busy to cook every night sometimes, and that it's okay to rely on convenience items when your schedule is hectic. :) For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Have a great week!


Sunday - Crockpot Cowboy Stew (didn't make it last Friday - went out for pizza)
Monday - Chicken Alfredo (Stouffers), Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday - Grilled Pork Chops, Cheddar Potato Strips, Green Beans
Wednesday - Bourbon Chicken (from freezer), Rice, Green Beans
Thursday - My birthday! Everyone on their own (I'm at book club, Corey's at a contest, and Eric's at work)
Friday - Out for my birthday getaway with my hubby
Saturday - Out for family birthday dinner

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a wonderful & fun filled birthday! I enjoy reading your blog and all the great recipes.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your milestone! I celebrated mine in September by having surgery the next day. ;)
I love those Stouffer's frozen dinners (hubby likes lasagna) for a busy night and Bourbon chicken has become a fave at our house too.

Rana said...

Sounds like a great week is in store for you. I'm impressed with the training. That's an awesome accomplishment. You are entitled to a wimpy menu every once in a while. Thanks for sharing your recipes with our family. We love them!

Miss Mommy said...

Happy birthday! I like that you have several celebrations- we have a "birthday week" and "birthday month" we honor- the birthday person kinda gets to take advantage of everyone else- fun when it's you, tho.

Nashville Cheapster said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! 40 was a great year for me. Well, yeck every year was great.
Success in your race.