Menu Plan Monday

 

I had a FABULOUS 40th birthday week! It started on Wednesday, the day before my birthday. It was the first sunny day that we've had in weeks, so I went outside to do day 2/week 8 of Couch to 5K. I was supposed to run 2.75 miles. I had a personal goal of running a 5K (3.12 miles) before my birthday that I hadn't publicly shared with anyone, so I was hoping that I would be able to make it. Well, I have officially gone from couch to 5K and beyond! I ran 3.75 miles, outside on a trail with hills!!! I was so proud of myself. Now I can go to weekend 5K contests with Eric and Corey and not just be a spectator. :)



On my actual birthday, my book club girls surprised me with a fondue party. I had told them that I used to do fondue parties with my friends when I was in high school, so they recreated that memory for me. They are awesome friends. :) On Friday my amazing hubby took me on a getaway weekend to Chateau on the Lake. When we arrived, the management had given us a complimentary upgrade to the vice presidential suite and had a plate of goodies and a birthday card waiting for me. Eric then had us scheduled for a one hour couples massage at the spa, and took me out for a nice dinner. On Saturday, my parents and Eric's parents came to visit and we went to Nakato for dinner. Pretty spectacular birthday, don't you think! I definitely feel loved by my friends and family. 

This week is back to normal. Corey has a couple of math things and I am hosting an At Home America party at my house on Thursday. I have a couple of new items on the menu this week - Potato Pizza (made it tonight - it was awesome) and Steak and Pasta Soup. I will post pictures later in the week. Here is the menu. For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy!

Sunday - Potato Pizza, Broccoli, Salad
Monday - Honey Roasted Pork Loin, Onion Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes, French Fries, Salad
Wednesday - Out to eat (Corey has math event)
Thursday - At Home America party - Chicken Enchilada Soup, Sausage Potato Soup
Saturday - Slow Cooker Steak and Pasta Soup, Salad


4 comments:

Rana said...

Sounds like you had a great week. Your menu looks delicious.

Jackie said...

Your birthday celebrations sound great!! Love your meal plans...thanks!

Jackie

Carol Ann said...

Hi Cynthia,
Just a short note to tell you I finally made your pumpkin dessert. I can see why you like it better than pumpkin pie. It is absolutely delicious. And, easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing.
You have the best recipes.
I will definitely be making this one often. Don't know what took me so long to try it.
A faithful reader,
Carol Ann
Hackettstown, NJ

Cynthia Matzat said...

Glad you liked it, Carol Ann! :)