What's for Dinner Menu Plan

I love fall - the cooler temperatures, the leaves crunching under my feet when hiking through the woods, baking with apples and pumpkin - it's just a good thing. :) This weekend we attempted to do our annual apple picking trip to Plaster's Orchard, but they closed too early on Saturday for us to make it. :( Instead, we loaded up the dogs and went for a short hike at our favorite Branson Trail - the Henning Homesteaders Trail. We've actually had a couple of rainy days this week, so there were some small waterfalls and a couple of great water holes for the dogs to cool off in along the trail. The weather was perfect for a hike, and it was a great way to shake of the stress of the work week.



By the way, I finally posted the recipes from my fondue party. Be sure to check them out. 

I have a pretty loaded week coming up. I have two computer workshops on different days after school, Corey has two cross country meets and a possible math contest, and I'll be spending a couple of days with my mom. I know I've said this a lot lately, but I'm SO glad I stocked my freezer right before school started. It is really saving me on these busy weeks. Hopefully this is a good example of how meal planning can keep you from eating out, even when you have a hectic schedule. :)

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Honey Baked Pork Chops (from freezer), Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries
Monday - Shrimp Fra Diavolo (this keeps getting bumped - hopefully I'll actually make it), Broccoli, Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - Tequila Lime Chicken (from freezer), Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries
Wednesday -Sloppy Joes (from freezer), Steak Fries, Broccoli, Applesauce
Thursday - Teriyaki Steak, Green Beans, Baked Potatoes (cooked in crock pot), Salad
Friday - Chili (from freezer), Salad, Peaches
Saturday - Eat at Mom's


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.   

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! I am impressed with how well your freezer is stocked! I may have one bag of black bean soup in mine but that is about it for ready-to-go meals.

I am visiting from Org Junkie's MPM.

Anonymous said...

Stopped over from the Org Junkie, and boy do I wish I were eating at your house this week! I will definitely be using some of your recipes in the near future.

shari brooks said...

I planned out, cooked and froze a ton of food for the Jewish New Year celebration yesterday. When it came time to actually focus on the dinner, I had to only focus on the main courses. it was great. there's nothing like the comfort of a fully-stocked freezer.