What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Fall is definitely in the air. :) Our temperatures have been in the 70s for highs, and 50s for lows. Fabulous! Much better than the 100 degree temps we dealt with all summer. Monday was Labor Day, and we didn't have school. We took advantage of our day off and went for a run. I was feeling so good that I ran my first 10K ever! I was so proud of myself. The rest of the week was busy, but good. I had my book club fondue party on Thursday, and I finally finished sewing an apron for my friend Melissa on Saturday. Isn't she cute? :)



I'm continuing to use my freezer stash to get through my weekly meals. Back in August I did some serious freezer cooking to prepare for the busy days at the beginning of school. Here is my freezer before:


and here is my freezer after:










Pretty nice, huh! Anyway, having some meals ready to go really saves me this time of year. Later this week I will finally be taking my mom to the oncologist. We can definitely use some prayers for that one. And this weekend, my brother is coming to visit from New York! I'm very much looking forward to some family time this coming weekend.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Chicken with White Wine and Mushrooms, Green Beans, Peaches, Salad
Monday - Spaghetti with Meatballs, Broccoli, Salad, Strawberries
Tuesday - Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Broccoli, Salad, Applesauce
Wednesday - Orange Teriyaki Chicken, Green Beans, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Steak Pizza, Salad, Fruit Salad
Friday -Eat at Mom's (Sauerkraut and Dumplings - Yum!)
Saturday - Eat at Mom's


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Awesome job on the run! I wish there was a book club around here, it sounds so fun. I live out in the sticks so there isn't much here like that. Orange Teriyaki Chicken sounds super good.

Cooking with Cristin said...

i am jealous of your freezer! it looks great. i havent gotten a chance to do much freezer cooking since i had my daughter. so i try to plan quick easy meals. saurkraut and dumplings seem differennt and yummy.
Here is a link to my Birthday Week Menu Plan
Please stop by and check it out and read about about my $20 gift card to a restaurant giveaway!
Have a great week:)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

I'd like to know more about your steak pizza. Have you made it before? I'd love to know more details.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Carrie, I modify Pioneer Woman's pizza recipe (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/steakhouse-pizza/). I use my own crust recipe, and don't use as much butter and onion as she does in her recipe.