Baked Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Oatmeal is one of those breakfast foods that I know I supposed to like because it's good for me. But, I can't stand it! I've tried and tried to eat it, and it just makes me gag. It's something about the texture that just doesn't work in my world. But along comes the idea of baked oatmeal. You've got it - oatmeal in handy bar form that's not mushy and gaggy! :) I LOVE this recipe. I make a batch of these, cut them into 12 bars, wrap them individually, and freeze them. Then all I have to do for breakfast is microwave one for a minute, and I'm good to go. Just add fruit and a glass of milk and you've got a hearty breakfast without the mush!



Ingredients:
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 t cinnamon 

3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup nonfat milk 
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Directions:
Mix together oats, flax seed meal, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together applesauce, yogurt, milk, oil, and eggs. Stir into oat mixture. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes until browned.

Serving Size: Makes 12 servings

0 comments: