What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Fall has officially hit southwest Missouri. On Thursday, our afternoon temperatures were right at 80 degrees. Overnight, a cold front came through, and the high on Friday was in the mid fifties. Saturday morning we woke up to 36 degrees! BRRRR! I actually had to turn on the heat to take the chill off the house. But, that brisk morning ended up being perfect for me and Eric.

Some of you may know that our family is training for the Disney marathon (Eric), and half marathon (Corey and me) in January. Our training plan has us doing our long runs on Saturdays. Eric was scheduled to do 15 miles, and I only had to do 3 (though I planned to do 5 anyway). Corey had to take the SAT for National Merit, so it was just me and Eric. Saturday was one of those days that was just made for running. It was cool, cloudy, and there was no wind. I was having a great run, and knew that I was going to do 5 miles instead of the three that was scheduled. That's kind of the minimum distance I like to do for a long run. I finished my 5, and I was feeling great, so I decided to keep going. I thought to myself, "Oh, go ahead and do 6.25. Eric has to run 15, so you might as well keep going." So I did. I finished the 6, and still felt great, so I kept going. Eric passed me on the trail just as I finished 9 miles, and needless to say, was surprised to see me still running. :) I ran 10 miles that morning! That's the longest distance I've ever run. I have to admit, I was pretty pleased with myself. Eric knew when he saw me that I would go to 10, so he pushed himself and ran 16.2. Together, we ran a marathon! ;) Pretty good for two old people who have only been running for a couple of years. I couldn't resist sharing my running success with you.

My other cool news this weekend is that What's for Dinner is now over 1000 likes on Facebook! That makes me smile. I'm so glad to know that my nerdy hobby of posting my menus and recipes is helpful to others. :)

Today I spent the day doing my cooking for the week. My fridge now has three large meals cooked and ready to heat up throughout the week as we need them. I am so appreciative of my Sunday cooking day.

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Parmesan Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad

Monday - Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing, Broccoli, Salad, Applesauce

Tuesday - Taco Corn Bread Casserole, Salad

Wednesday - Quick and Easy Goulash, Salad, Peaches

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Eat out (visiting friends)


For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  
 

0 comments: