Slow Cooker Marinara Sauce

I absolutely LOVE this marinara sauce. It is so easy to make and is ZERO WW Freestyle points. I make it in big batches and then freeze it in containers so that I always have some ready when I need to make spaghetti or any other recipe that calls for marinara. I haven't bought jarred sauce in months!



Ingredients:
3- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
3 T minced garlic
1 large onion chopped
2 T oregano, dried
2 T basil, dried
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. If you like a smooth sauce with "no chunks" then use an immersion blender and blend until smooth (make sure the sauce is cool before you do this for safety). 

Pour cooled sauce into freezer safe containers to use in your favorite pasta dishes. 

Makes about 10 cups of sauce
WW Freestyle Points - 0

Recipe source - Skinnytaste

0 comments: