Accordion Potatoes

My mother-in-law and I saw these in a magazine, thought they looked pretty impressive, so we both decided we would give them a try. My first try will be this week, so wish me luck. :) I will post a picture if they don't look too atrocious.

*Well, they turned out pretty well. My family was impressed. I think next time I will season them a bit more, but they really were quite good.




Ingredients

4 (4 ounces each) yukon gold or red potatoes
1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh thyme leaves

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Carefully slice each potato thinly without cutting all the way through.

Place potatoes on microwave-safe dish and cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave on High 12 to 15 minutes or until easily pierced with tip of knife.

Transfer potatoes to metal baking pan. Carefully drizzle oil between slices. Sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.

Roast in oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer potatoes to platter; sprinkle with herbs.


(recipe from Good Housekeeping)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look delicious and elegant. I will be putting these on a menu very soon!