Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

I know, anything with butterscotch chips in it can't be considered healthy, but it tastes great! I did use 1 cup of wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. I also substituted 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce instead of using the 1/2 cup oil called for in the recipe. I didn't quite use 2 cups of butterscotch chips. I probably used about 1 1/2 cups.




Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 3/4 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 cups nuts, optional (I always leave these out)
2 cups butterscotch chips/morsels

Directions:

1. Combine all dry ingredients. Add pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Mix until smooth. Add nuts (if desired) and the butterscotch chips.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.

(recipe from Tammy's Recipes)

2 comments:

Lynzi said...

My boyfriend loved these! He did say the cinnamon was pretty strong and I notice that a lot when I'm using cinnamon and pumpkin. How can I bring the pumpkin flavor out and tone down the cinnmon? I love baking with pumpkin but often find myself running out of things to do with it. This def. changed it up. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Cynthia Matzat said...

I also don't like strong cinnamon taste, so I only used a teaspoon in the recipe when I made it.