Cheesy Chicken Vermicelli

Think of it as mac and cheese deluxe!

Ingredients:
1 lb vermicelli or angel hair pasta (cook following directions)
3 C cubed cooked chicken
5 C (20 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use reduced fat and only use an 8oz block that I shred myself)
Italian seasoning (use generously)
Salt
Pepper
1 C milk


Directions:
1. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
2. Layer pasta, chicken, seasonings and cheese several times.
3. Just before baking, pour milk over top.
4. Cover with foil, if space permits. (I sometimes press down to compact the ingredients into the
dish.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


Serves 8


Recipe source - tammiesrecipes.com

4 comments:

bluechillies said...

I made this tonight and came out wonderfully. I made it with regular spaghetti and forgot the milk for 25 minutes. I pulled it out and dashed the milk over it and cooked it another 20 and it came out just fine. Everyone including the littles loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Alyson and Ford said...

This will be on our menu this week. Thanks!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Eight Months

Jenny said...

Made this tonight for dinner and it is delicious! Thanks.

jennifer said...

Making this tonight, I am excited!