Menu Plan Monday



Living in Branson, Missouri for over ten years has made me have the "Christmas itch" rather early each year. In Branson, the Christmas lights go up the day after Halloween and all of the shows start their holiday season. So, I got in the habit of putting up my decorations rather early. Even though we don't live in Branson anymore, I do still teach there and 30 miles isn't that far away, so I feel pretty justified in that fact that I decorated my house for Christmas today. Yep, you heard me right. It was 75 degrees and sunny and I put up my Christmas decorations - all of them - inside and out. :) Christmas makes me happy, so I figured I should just go for it. I even made turkey dinner tonight. I felt very festive!

Enough of my holiday ramblings. We have the usual busy Matzat schedule - scouts, computer trainings, Eric's meetings, Zumba class, the boys running a 5K Friday night, and rock climbing with scouts on Saturday. Here is my menu for the week. I tried to keep the recipes simple and fast due to the busy schedule. Be sure to check out the recipe for the Sausage and Stuffing Criss-Cross Pastry. It was amazing! For other menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Turkey, Sausage and Stuffing Criss-Cross Pastry, Green Beans
Monday - Out to eat
Tuesday - Cheeseburger Pasta, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Rice, Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Thursday - Bourbon Chicken, Rice, Pea Pods, Salad
Friday - Leftover Sliders (mini hamburgers on dinner rolls), Steak Fries, Applesauce
Saturday - Leftovers

4 comments:

Shawnee said...

You aren't kidding? ALL your Christmas decorations?? Wow, I'm feeling behind!

Amanda #1 said...

I now don't feel quite so bad about listening to Christmas music here at work, LOL.

Sharon said...

I am itching to put up Christmas decorations, too! We just bought a door cover yesterday at Wal-Mart for $1. :)
I'm trying to stick to Fall/Thanksgiving things, but there's not that much out there. My son & I made some scarecrows. He enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the link to the Pork recipe. That sounds like something my dh would love!
Have a good week.

Yarni Gras! said...

You know, I think that life can be really hard sometimes and if doing something simple like putting up Christmas decorations early makes you happy, then DO IT! I usually do mine the Saturday after Thanksgiving.....but maybe I'll join you this year and put ours up early too! :-)
Spread the cheer!