Peanut Butter Bars

This recipe was part of my quest to replicate school lunch peanut butter bars that I remember from my childhood. These are really awesome, but they aren't quite the right thing. They are much better than my first attempt. They are just the right amount of sweetness, and they are chewy, but they don't have quite the right texture. I will definitely be making them again, though. They really are tasty, and my son said he could eat a whole pan of them by himself.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan.
Combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
In large bowl cream margarine, sugars and vanilla until light. Beat in peanut butter. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread mixture in prepared pan and smooth out as evenly as possible. Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned, being careful not to over bake. Cool and cut into squares.

0 comments: