Kickin Creamy Chicken Crockpot Stew


Ingredients:
5 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 16 ounce jar Salsa Verde
2 cans Black Beans
1 can Sweet Corn (I use a small bag of frozen)
1 can Diced Tomatos with no salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 small (3 oz) package of ff cream cheese

Directions:
Place frozen chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. At this point, remove about 1/2 the liquid if you want the sauce thick, like a stew. You can leave all the liquid if you want a "soup". Add cream cheese, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.

One serving is 1/2 a breast
Number of Servings: 10
WW Points = 5

Modified from a recipe by Chubbie Chica

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Just found your blog on Organized Junkie. This recipe looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Kristen said...

That Creamy Crockpot Chicken sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it!

Sadie said...

I made this today!

I used 6 chicken thighs, removed the skin. Cut the salsa verde down to a little 7oz can. Added pepper and garlic powder. Let it cook for 9.5 hrs on low. Removed the chicken to debone and shred it. Added a can of chicken broth. Blended up the cream cheese with 3-4 ladles of soup (minus the chicken) and poured it back in, added the chicken back in, brought it back up to a bowl. Served it over rice in bowls. Delish!!!

This will be added to our binder of family recipes!

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

This looks really yummy!
God bless,
Amanda

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes. I think I may try this. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That looks good! Have you ever tried cooking with a pressure cooker? You would love it! http://tinyurl.com/dcj5bq

Cynthia Matzat said...

I'm scared to death of pressure cookers! My grandma used one, and her roasts were great, but I'm too wimpy to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you put beans in the recipe. What kind did you use?

Cynthia Matzat said...

I used black beans from a can.

Stefanie said...

Clint and I are trying this out today!!!!!!

DeAnna Sheets said...

We are trying this one today, home sick and need something warm on the throat! I love the crockpot meals, that is what I live on Monday-Friday. With my little helper I have a hard time staying in the kitchen long so preparing in the morning when she is sleeping is ideal for me!