Menu Plan Monday


Well, I think we have finally de-toxed our bodies from all of the cruise food we had on vacation. We ate very well this week at home and definitely stuck to the menu. The hit of the week was the Kickin' Creamy Chicken Crockpot Stew. I heard from several of you that you tried it with your families this week as well and really enjoyed. It's always nice to have those easy crockpot dishes you know you can rely on during busy nights and that you know your family will eat. :)

When I got home from school on Friday, I had a surprise package on the front porch. I got my Hot Mamas apron swap package from Val! I was so excited! I didn't expect it to arrive so early. She send such a wonderful gift - an adorable apron, hot sauce with the cutest crocheted sombrero and scarf, a dip bowl, some beads (she's from Louisiana), and some great recipes. I will post pics of it soon. Thanks for such a wonderful swap package, Val! I loved it!


We celebrated Corey's 14th birthday (man, that makes me feel old) on Saturday with both sets of grandparents. He requested an ice cream cake for his party (chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream). I think it turned out pretty well. :) Believe it or not, it snowed on March 28! It was very pretty coming down, and because the ground was so warm, it didn't stick.


This week is one of those nights we have lots of evening obligations, including Corey's Eagle Scout board of review. I'm doing most of my cooking for the week today so everything will be ready to heat up once we finally get home each evening. Here's our busy-family menu for the week. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Filets (on the grill), Green Beans, Grilled Asparagus, Strawberries
Monday - Bourbon Chicken (premade), Basil Green Beans (premade), Peaches
Tuesday - Tuna Noodle Casserole, Apple slices
Wednesday - Spaghetti with Meatballs (premade), Salad
Thursday - Golden Mushroom Pork Chops (crockpot), Broccoli w/Cheese Sauce, Salad
Friday - Out to eat (Cheddars)
Saturday - Homemade Pizza, Salad

7 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

I am so pleased you like the apron and package.....the apron looks so cute on!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! My son just turned 13.....so scary, isn't it!!!!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to your son!
I'm sure 14 feels hard to believe. I'm in disbelief with my oldest, and he's only turning 5!

I made meatballs for the 1st time tonight. They turned out well! Enjoy your spaghetti. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Is it too late for cake? I love the candles.

Bonnie said...

mmmmm. grilled asparagus !!!

na said...

Great menu...I love tuna noodle casserole...maybe I should make that soon!

Anonymous said...

My family and I just love your recipes!! So keep them coming! I am also glad you loved your swap package. I have done 2 swaps and love them. :) So much fun.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Lisha, I'm glad you enjoy the recipes! I'm always happy to know that they benefit others. :)