Menu Plan Monday


We're back from our cruise to Key West and Cozumel! We had a wonderful, relaxing vacation and loved the warm weather (it was 90 in Cozumel!). Now we are back to reality and are adjusting to life without 24 hour food service and having our rooms cleaned twice a day. ;) Be sure to check out our photos. I did manage to make myself a tote bag the day before we left for the cruise. It was the perfect bag for this trip. Gotta love all the pockets. :) I hope the others I made bags for recently enjoyed theirs as much as I enjoyed mine.

Because we took full advantage of the constant food fest on our cruise, we will be doing some seriously healthy eating this week to get our bodies back to normal. :) I hope you enjoy the menu. For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.
Sunday - Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Broccoli, Salad, Strawberries
Monday - Easy Baked Cod, Basil Sesame Green Beans, Applesauce, Salad
Tuesday - South Seas Pork Chops, Grilled Pineapple, Pea Pods, Salad
Wednesday - Kickin Creamy Chicken Crockpot Stew (made ahead), Salad
Thursday - Red Beans and Rice with Sausage (Zatarans low sodium with low fat smoked sausage), Apple Slices, Salad
Friday - leftovers
Saturday - Corey's birthday dinner request - Grilled Brats (turkey ones, of course), Strawberries, Grapes, Baked Beans

9 comments:

Simply Sara said...

Your menu looks great!
I'm going to try your pork chop recipe- it sounds so yummy!

And, your bag is SUPER cute, I love the fabric!
:)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - Monday's chicken looks delish. We love feta and bacon... so surely it would be a hit! Think I'll have to give it a try.

jennmiller1995 said...

I really love your bags. I was wondering where you got your pattern from. Also are you selling your bags? For how much?

Ruth Saves $ said...

I agree... your Monday meal will definitely be tried at our house soon! Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Matzat said...

Jenn, I do sell my bags. You can see more examples at http://www.thematzats.com/customcreations/. Send me your email address and I can give you more info. You can email me at cmatzat (at) gmail.com.

Yarni Gras! said...

hmmmmm. That kickin chicken for the crock pot looks wonderful...I'll have to try that out.
The bag is PRECIOUS! Love the fabric combinations........glad you had a terrific vacation....

Unknown said...

I've heard one can gain alot on those trips. But what a great way to relax and reconnect.
These high winds are really kicking those of us wih allergies. Ugh!
Well, while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew I thought I would stop by MPM blogs and see what's being served.
Your menu sounds delicious.

Unknown said...

Nice sewing job...regarding the tote.

Debra said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I can't wait to check it out further. Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful vacation and by the way, I love the tote bag you made. I will be stopping by often to check out all of your recipes. :o)