Mom's Lasagna


I know everyone has their favorite lasagna recipe and that you probably don't need me to post another one, but this is the one I use and like, so I'm putting it here for me. :) It's simple and kid friendly because it doesn't have "chunks" as my son would say or "weird green stuff".



Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
2 T parsley
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1 clove minced garlic
1 T basil
2 16 oz. cans tomato sauce
10 ounces lasagna noodles
3 cups cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 t salt
½ t pepper
2 T parsley
½ c parmesan cheese
1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced

Directions
Brown meat, add next 5 ingredients and simmer until sauce is thick. Cook noodles according to package directions and rinse in cold water. Mix cottage cheese with next 5 ingredients (I usually mix this in a blender so it's smooth). Place ½ noodles in baking pan, layer ½ cottage cheese mixture, place a layer of mozzarella, then a layer of sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

Recipe source – Mary Mael

0 comments: