Easy Creamy Italian Skillet Dinner

The sauce on this one was pretty bland. If I make it again, I will use spaghetti sauce that already has extra spices in it. I had a lot of leftovers, and I added in a can of Hunts Garlic and Herb spaghetti sauce which did help.














Ingredients:
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. Italian seasoning (I use a combination of basil, oregano, parsley)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
1 16oz. container ricotta cheese
1/2 lb. pasta, cooked and drained (I used bowtie pasta)
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef with onions. Season with salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Drain when browned.

2. Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until combined. Stir in pasta.

3. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Recipe Source - Cooking During Stolen Moments

0 comments: