Menu Plan Monday



We had another great week in the Matzat household. Our family has kind of made a new commitment to fitness and we have been working out a lot together lately. Corey being in cross country inspired Eric to start running a few months ago, and not to be left out, I've been doing the Couch to 5K program and just completed week 4. Over Christmas break, we got a new weight machine to finish out our home gym (we already had a treadmill and elliptical). We've also pretty much given up drinking soda (which wasn't too hard for me and Corey as we never drank very much, but a little tougher for Eric), and we don't sweeten our tea anymore (that includes using Splenda). These are just small changes, but we feel pretty good about them.

This week I have a couple of new recipes on the menu. It's one of those typical busy weeks, so we needed some things I could make ahead (Country Ham and Macaroni Casserole) or cook in the crockpot (Easy Cheesy Dump and Go Chicken). I'll post pictures later in the week once I've made them. For more menu ideas go to orgjunkie.com. Have a great week and enjoy!

Sunday - Filets, Green Beans, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Monday - Beef Enchiladas, Salad, Peaches
Tuesday - Easy Cheesy Dump and Go Chicken, Rice, Brussels Sprouts, Salad
Wednesday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches (Church youth night)
Thursday - Country Ham and Macaroni Casserole, Green Beans, Salad
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Pizza Biscuit Bake, Salad

9 comments:

Season of Life said...

The easy cheesy dump & go chicken looks like a meal my crew would enjoy ~ it is in my "to-try" file. Thanks for sharing through Organized Junkie's MPM. I've enjoyed participating, as well as visiting others who do.

Blessings ~

Ashley said...

The easy cheesy dump & go chicken looks yummy! Quick question, could I possibly substitute another cream of chicken soup for the cheese soup? I can't have a lot of dairy so I try to avoid too much in one dish. :)

Sammy said...

I just printed out your recipe for the cheesy dump & go chicken. I have always have all the ingredients in my pantry so it's going to be a great thing to add to my menu plan rotation. Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Ashely, I'm sure subbing the soups would be fine.

Goat Gal said...

Yay for couch to 5k! Way to go!

kalea_kane said...

We just love enchiladas. I'm going to try that with substituting the soup too since my hubs can't handle cheese well. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Darlene said...

YUM your menu sounds delicious and all three of the recipes you posted look wonderful. I'm printing them out for my try-it binder. Thanks!!

debhmom3 said...

Way to go on all the positive changes in your diet! Your menu looks great!

Jen C said...

I have been doing the Couch to 5K as well. Love it! It is a great program. I was never a runner so it is amazing to me that I am now running. I was lazy over the holidays so am now back on week 6. My son would like me to run my first 5K on Mother's Day.
BTW- your site is my go to site for recipes. Some of our family favorities come from your site. We love the enchiladas, the Country Ham and Mac to name a few. Thanks for sharing!!!!
Jen C