Menu Plan Monday



We finally go back to school tomorrow! We had two weeks off for Christmas vacation, and then a bonus week off due to snow. We seem to rarely get real snow anymore, so this was a treat for us. Corey and the dogs had lost of fun sledding and playing snow soccer. I left the Christmas decorations up, so it felt very festive around our house.


I started the Couch to 5K program over break as well. I start week 3 of the program tomorrow. This is a pretty big deal for me. I am so not a runner, and this is really kicking my rear end. :) We'll see if I actually make it to week 9 where I have to run a 5K. Wish me luck!

I did get a chance to do a lot of reading. I'm on the Mark Twain Readers Award committee this year, so I have a rather large list of books to read. This week gave me a chance to get many of them finished. I also did some cooking. My parents came over on Saturday to celebrate their anniversary and we had a great dinner followed by a very fun game of Phase 10. We had Baked Penne with Italian Sausage, which is a great alternative to lasagna. It makes a TON, so be sure you make it when you have lots of people around to eat it. I also made some fabulous brownie peanut butter cookies as a treat. You've got to give them a try. :) My soup for this week is Creamy Beef, Mushroom, and Noodle Soup. It is going to make for some terrific lunches. :)

Since we are back in school this week, our busy schedule will return. I do have a few new items on the menu, so I will post photos as soon as I make them. Here is this week's menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

Sunday - Grilled Pork Chops, Cheddar Potato Strips, Green Beans
Monday - Year Long Noodles, Honey and Soy Broccoli and Mushrooms
Tuesday - Easy and Creamy Italian Skillet Dinner, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Chili, Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Fondue party with my girlfriends
Saturday - Crockpot Angel Chicken on pasta, Broccoli, Salad

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I checked out your blog today for meal plan ideas and I noticed that you are training for a 5K. That's great! I wish you the best with your running, and I bet you'll "so be a runner" in no time. :)

Suzy said...

Oops, here is my blogger account name and link... I didn't realize I was signed in under my other one.

Hugan said...

Hey! I too am training for my first 5K ever and I bet we are running similar programs, if not the same! Say a little prayer for me please and I will for you too! Love your blog!

~Monica

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks Monica! I will add you to my prayer list. :)