Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

These spectacular muffins will satisfy your sweet tooth without forcing you to eat a ton of calories and fat. Each muffin has 138 calories and 2 grams of fat. Not bad for a sweet treat!


Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup applesauce
4 large, very, very ripe bananas
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with muffin papers and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mash the bananas in a bowl and mix in applesauce. Add to the flour mixture. Stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and combine again.

Fill the muffin papers almost to the top. Bake for 20 minutes rotating the pan once during baking. Let cool in the pan for 5 - 10 minutes then serve.

Makes 16 muffins

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Cindy,
It is Melissa from the Mark Twain committee. I made these muffins today and they were delicious! Thanks for giving us these recipes and the nutritonal information as well.

Stefanie said...

So good! I made 30 of these today (+ 24 minis) for my classroom. They are so good. I can't keep Kolby out of them. Glad I made some minis for us.

Michelle LaMirand said...

WOW I was just looking up things to do with my bananas... amazing its like you read my mind because i got on FB and there this one was! I will deffently be making these this afternoon! I am sure they will be supper good :-)