What's for Dinner Menu Plan - Blog Makeover Edition ;)

Well, we survived the "blizzard" of 2011 here in southwest Missouri. It began snowing Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday afternoon, we had 8 inches of snow on the ground. That's a lot of snow for our area. We were under a blizzard warning for 24 hours due to the temperatures, falling snow, and wind. Corey and I ended up being out of school for the rest of the week. On Friday, we gained additional snow and ended up with a total of 12 inches.  This week they are calling for more snow during the middle of the week. It will be interesting to see what happens. We've already had so many snow days that we are now going to school until June 1
Here are some pictures of our snow!



While were trapped at home, my son did a blog makeover for me and designed a beautiful new header for me. :) What a great kid! I had my old one since 2007, so it was time for a new look. I also finally set up a Facebook page for the blog so people can get updates easier. I know that more of my friends use Facebook than they do feed readers, so I thought it would be a good thing. Be sure to check it out and "like" the page at http://www.facebook.com/mealplans.




Like everyone else who was snowbound, I baked some yummy goodies while trapped in the house. The next time you have a snow day, you've got to try these banana chocolate chip muffins. They are wonderful, and you would never guess they are low calorie and low fat. Be sure to try one fresh from the oven.



Tonight was Super Bowl Sunday. Even though I don't care for football, I do enjoy having friends over for dinner. :) I made some simple finger foods for our "party". The Oven-Baked Bacon Cheese Dip and Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels were big hits with my family. We also had a veggie tray and Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.

This week's menu has lots of comfort food favorites. I spent a lot of time today cooking ahead for the week in case we do actually get to go to school all week. I decided to stop posting my breakfasts and lunches. It just takes too much time. I did make a spectacular breakfast today that you have to try - Sweet and Savory Bacon Stuffed French Toast. Doesn't the title just make your mouth water! Yum!


I am still posting the nutrition information on each of the recipes I post, so I hope you find that useful. Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week!

Sunday - Oven-Baked Bacon Cheese Dip (151 cal), Veggie Tray with Ranch Dip, Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels (130 cal), Pepperoni Pizza Puffs (43 cal/puff) Cheesecake Mousse (168 cal)
Monday - Lasagna Spaghetti (365 cal), Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Pockets (141 cal each), Green Beans, Salad, Peaches
Wednesday - Tuna Noodle Casserole (367 cal), Brussels Sprouts, Salad, Applesauce
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday -Sausage Pizza (193 cal/slice), Salad, Peaches
Saturday - Sirloin Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Peaches

For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com.

6 comments:

Make It Happen Mama said...

I made chocolate chip banana bread this week - love that flavor combination! Thanks for posting the chicken pockets recipe, I'm excited to try it.

Aiming4Simple said...

I appreciate that you include calorie counts. Looks like a great week!

L2L said...

wow, your son did an awesome job on your header!!! Wow, more snow, that is C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate your feedback.

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

This is my first time here - visiting from MMM. But I will say that I said to myself before reading anything "I like her header!". Your son did a great job- great looking meal plan too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for including nutritional information. And also your meal calorie counts! This is a great help to me. I'm looking forward to following along and losing weight with you!