What's for Dinner Menu Plan - Valentine and Birthday Week!

Believe it or not, we were of school again this week for snow! It snowed on Tuesday night, and we were out the rest of the week. This is the most snow our area of the country has had in years! We've only had two weeks in January and February that we went to school all five days. And today, it's 60 degrees, with the forecast for Thursday saying 68! Crazy Missouri weather - gotta love it!

Because of my bonus days, I got to do some extra cooking. I made very tasty cupcakes for Valentine's Day, and I created the most spectacular soup recipe ever! I'm not kidding! You must give my Fire Roasted Chicken Tortilla Soup a try.








This week is a fun week for me. Monday is Valentine's Day and Friday is my birthday. You gotta love having two special days in one week! And, Corey has a math contest on Saturday. Eric and I love math contest day. We are always amazed at what those kids can do that we can't!

As far as my menu goes this week, I have a new pasta dish scheduled for Monday based off a recipe from my friend Kelly. I just lightened it up. :) I have my book club on Thursday, so the boys will be eating stuff from the freezer, and Saturday we go out to eat for my birthday (I hate fighting Friday night restaurant crowds). Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Bacon Wrapped Grilled Chicken (no recipe - just wrap a piece of bacon around a chicken breast and grill it! - 123 cal), Grilled Asparagus, Salad, Peaches
Monday - Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta (367 cal), Broccoli, Salad
Tuesday - Mexican Gumbo (393 cal), Salad
Wednesday - South Seas Pork Chops (173 cal), Grilled Pineapple, Green Beans, Salad
Thursday - Book Club (boys will be eating turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes from my freezer stash)
Friday - Catalina Meatballs with Noodles (515 cal), Green Beans, Salad
Saturday - Out to eat at Houlihan's for my birthday



For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st off Happy Birthday!! I have loved your blog for a long time but now it is even better, I love the calorie counts. I try to eat normal while losing weight so it will be a lifestyle and not a diet and having your recipes with calories helps so much. Thank you for all your hard work!
Deb

Cynthia Matzat said...

Thanks, Deb! I'm all about eating normal. I try not to look at it as dieting, but rather eating healthy and making wise choices. :) Sounds like we think alike. I'm glad you enjoy the blog and find the nutritional information helpful.