Menu Plan Monday


Last week was the first week since December that I did not post my menu for the week! I wasn't being a slacker. We were in San Antonio for the National Education Computing Conference. Both Corey and I were presenters at the conference. Yes, I mean Corey! My ever-so-ambitious 13-year-old son submitted his own proposal to present at an educational technology conference (the national one, of course) and got accepted. I guess that's what happens when your child is forced to go to computer trainings with his mom since the age of two. Poor guy. ;-) Anyway, we had a nice trip and our presentations went very well. A friend stayed at the house for us and took care of the dogs, which was nice for them so they didn't have to go to the kennel. Today we dropped the boy at scout camp for a week, and it's back to eMINTS training for me this week. We did have a great 4th of July cookout at our house with Eric's parents. I grilled chicken and brats, and made some fun appetizers and a great dessert.
My menu will reflect the fact that the boy is gone (yep, that means fish) and that I haven't had time to do a lot of planning. For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.
Sunday - got take out food from Yen Ching (taking advantage of the boy being gone - he hates Chinese food)
Monday - leftover Chinese (yes, I'm being lazy)
Wednesday - Grilled Salmon (just marinated in viniagrette dressing), Brussels Sprouts, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Chicken Fajita Salad, Strawberries
Friday - Chicken soft tacos (use leftover grilled chicken from previous night), fruit salad
Saturday - on the road to Yellowstone!!! (friend is staying at the house again)

5 comments:

Lanny said...

Wow! Congrats to Corey (and you) for being chosen to present!

I had to laugh at the Chinese take out. Army and my mom love Chinese, so on the rare occasion that I'm out, Army's home, and my mom is visiting, they go get it.

Sandra said...

Great Menu :)

Have a wonderful Monday!

♥Sandra♥

Menu Plan

Kristi said...

Your menu looks great. Have fun on your trip. Next to the Virgin Islands, Yellowstone is my favorite place. It is so beautiful.

Kelly N said...

Cindy,

Enjoy Yellowstone! My parents were there just last week as that has been a favorite family meeting up place for us over the years. They said it was amazingly overcrowded for this time of year which is surprising. No parking at all at Old Faithful and bumper-to-bumper traffic. I have never been there with crowds like that. Think since no one can afford to fly, they are all traveling close to home this year. Hope it is less crowded for you. Take along bug spray as Mom said the mosquitos and black gnats are biting something fierce. Her whole head was eaten alive on a trail ride. Not sure which way you are entering Yellowstone, but Beartooth Pass is one of the most amazing drives Gary and I have ever done. It will take you into the park near Mammoth Hot Springs. You will be up over 10,000 feet with glaciers and amazing photo ops! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Nice menu. Have a great week :)