Menu Plan Monday

 

Spring is finally coming! After having a very cold, snowy winter, we had our first sunny warm weekend. Saturday was in the mid 60s and today actually got up to 70! Corey had math contest yesterday (which he received a 1st and two 2nd places), but we did manage to take the dogs on a long walk at Nathanael Greene Park in Springfield. Today we went for a run on the Frisco Highline Trail. Eric and Corey ran from Springfield to Willard, and Toby and I ran our normal 5K. It was so nice to be in shorts and a T shirt and feel the sun on my skin. It gives me hope that spring is really on its way. :)

 

Like I mentioned last week, Corey's track practice schedule has changed the way we have to plan for dinners for a while. We get home pretty late, so I have to precook most of what we are going to eat for the week so we can just heat it up when we get home. I'm sure that many of you have similar situations, so maybe my meal ideas will help you if you like to precook items for the week. :) For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Here's this week's menu. Enjoy!

Sunday -Parmesan Tilapia, Couscous, Green Beans, Salad
Monday - Taco Bake, Corn, Fruit Salad
Tuesday -Bourbon Chicken (from freezer), Rice, Broccoli, Salad
Wednesday -Crockpot Pork Chops and Stuffing (subbing pork for the chicken in the recipe), Pea Pods, Salad, Peaches
Thursday - Eat out (horn recital and academic team meet)
Friday -Girls Night at my house - Grilled Bruschetta Chicken and whatever sides girls bring
Saturday - Filets on the grill, Mashed potatoes, Green Beans, Salad

5 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

We are also having Taco Bake this week, but a very different recipe! Yours looks wonderful. If I can make crescent roll dough, I think I could do it! Yum!

Martha said...

Great menu. I do a lot of cooking ahead and meal stretching with simple meals inbetween - working full time it's the only way to keep decent meals on the table!

Unknown said...

We love bourbon chicken! And this is the first weekend of any kind of warmth here as well. Thank goodness - I was missing the sun!!

Tricia said...

Bourbon chicken is on our menu this week, too! But I'm making it to put extra INTO my freezer rather than eating from the freezer. :)

Unknown said...

I would love for you to join me again for Crock Pot Wednesday this week at Dining With Debbie. Mister Linky will be up Tuesday evening for you to link up. Thanks for sharing your menu with all of us. Have a great week.