Menu Plan Monday












Last week's new recipes had some failures and some successes. The Tangy Chicken and Cheesy Potato Bites weren't so great. The chicken was overcooked, so if I decide to try it again, I would drastically reduce the cooking time. The potato bites looked cool, but the texture was kind of funky. I think I'll just stick with regular cheesy mashed potatoes from now on. On the other hand, the Chicken and Artichokes with Wine Sauce was awesome. It was quick to make and was pretty impressive looking. Plus, it tasted fantastic. The Creamy Mexican Skillet was also fast, easy, and tasty.

This week we're back to some standard favorites on the menu. Our camping trip last week got rained out, so we are going to attempt it again this weekend. I'll also be hosting my last book club meeting of the year, so I thought I'd do a fondue party. I'll post my fondue recipes later in the week once I decide for sure which ones I'm going to use this time. Here's the menu. For more menu ideas, go to orgjunkie.com. Enjoy!

Sunday - Beer Braised Beef, Noodles, Green Beans, Strawberries
Monday - Santa Fe Chicken, Rice, Peaches, Salad
Tuesday - Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Green Beans, Strawberries, Salad
Wednesday - Santa Fe Chicken Frito Pie 
Thursday - Fondue Party
Friday - camping (chili dogs)
Saturday - camping (steaks and fried potatoes)

5 comments:

FoodontheTable said...

The chicken with bacon and feta looks so easy and flavorful! Thanks for sharing.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Looks like a great menu, thanks for sharing your failures as well as the successes!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! The feta and bacon stuffed chicken sounds divine!

Have a great Monday!
Sherry

Debbie said...

What a great idea for a blog! I can't believe I only just found you now. I'm going to bookmark some of these recipes, you've got some great menus!

Fondue said...

Wow! Great menu you've got here! I like Thursday the best. Fondue party! I never get tired of preparing fondue dinner for my friends whenever they happen to be in town. I hosted almost every family gatherings. Menu? Meat/Broth fondue, followed by a chocolate/caramel dessert fondue.