What's for Dinner Menu Plan

Well, my "catch-up" menu from last week wasn't the most successful menu. :( My goal was to make the recipes I had skipped in some recent weeks. Three of the four items listed were new recipes -Chicken Enchilada SpaghettiGnocchi with Sausage and Spinach, and  Biscuit Pizza Pot Pie. The chicken enchilada spaghetti is the only thing I would make again. The other two were definitely fails for my family. I still posted the recipes, though, because maybe they will be good for someone else, and I like to show that not everything you try in your kitchen is going to be a success. :)

This week is a short week for us at school. Corey and I are off for Thanksgiving vacation starting Wednesday, and our family will be with my mom from Thursday-Sunday. This past weekend we spent in St. Louis with Eric's family, so needless to say, I didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store or make up a menu. We're going to call this week's menu "scrounge" week. I'm just going to wing it a bit until Thanksgiving, and then I plan on eating leftovers. :) Here's this week's menu. I know it may not be that helpful, but I share it with you anyway to show you that we all have crazy weeks where we have to be creative. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)


Sunday - Rotisserie chicken (from Wal Mart), Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Monday - French Onion Pasta with Mushrooms and White Wine (sounds fancy, doesn't it? - I'm making this up, so we'll see how it goes. If it's successful, I'll post a recipe later.), Brussels Sprouts, Peaches, Salad
Tuesday - Mini Pigs in a Blanket (turkey little smokies wrapped in reduced fat crescents - told you I was scrounging), Applesauce, Green Beans
Wednesday - Hamburgers on the grill (I have some patties I pre-made in the freezer), French Fries, Apples
Thursday - Thanksgiving (I'll post a separate Thanksgiving menu later tonight)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - More leftovers :)

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.  

1 comments:

Shawnee said...

Sounds like real life. Have a wonderful thanksgiving .