What's for Dinner Meal Plan

I must apologize to my regular readers for my post/menu this week. My son was very sick last week and missed the whole week of school, which meant I missed the whole week of work. And, now I'm at my annual library conference. So, my post is going to be short, and my menu is pretty basic and boring since I had to prepare for being gone. I do have a quick funny story to share, though. At my conference today, I had at least five people at various times throughout the day, come up to me and proclaim, "You're my dinner lady!" Totally made my day, and gave me a good laugh. I'm used to people recognizing me as conference presenter, but not as being the "dinner lady." Fun stuff!

Here's this week's menu. Enjoy and have a great week! Be sure to follow me on Facebook to get fast updates from the blog. :)

Sunday - Chicken and Noodles (See note below on how to make), Green Beans, Salad, Strawberries

*To make chicken and noodles: Bring 1 quart of chicken stock and 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 large bag of Reams Frozen Egg Noodles and cook for about 20 minutes. Add 3 cups of cooked cubed chicken breast, and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I use reduced fat). Add 1/2 pepper and 1 T parsley. Heat through and serve.

Monday - Lasagna Spaghetti, Salad, Applesauce

Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday -Tacos, Salad, Peaches

Thursday - Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers, French Fries, Salad, Strawberries


Friday - Eat out (picking Corey's girlfriend up for prom!)

Saturday - Prom dinner for Corey's friends: Chicken Cordon Bleu in Puff Pastry, Green Beans Almondine, Salad, Rolls, Strawberries, and Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake.

For more menu ideas, visit orgjunkie.com.

0 comments: